Early Calvin Harris is probably the biggest influence in my creativity #musicmoney meets Texan dance producer @thealexhampton
By owston, Feb 11 2020 01:47AM
Where are you from?
- I am from The United States. San Antonio, Texas to be exact!
Describe your sound:
- My sound is heavily inspired by the structure of dance music, the catchiness of pop music, the energy of nu disco, and vibes of tropical house. It's a lot!
Tell us about your latest track:
- I definitely had the intention of making a track in preparation for the summer time here in the states. I remember finding the chord progression that's present in my song, fell in love with it, and the next thing I know, I was making the arrangement, feeling out the flow of the track, searching for what sounds fit, then going all out. I loved the vocal chops I ended up developing in the drop/chorus. I know it's definitely a pretty short song, but it just felt like it was supposed to end where it ended.
Who inspires you?
- Early Calvin Harris is probably the biggest influence in my creativity and the way I try to form my music. His new stuff is great, but his early dance music is what really brought me to love house/dance/EDM as a whole.
Where do you see your career in 5 years?
- I definitely want to speak positivity into the universe by saying that I'll be headlining at a major place or two, but I'm open to what the future has in store for my music career. I hope the big man upstairs agrees!
Where can we check out your sounds?
- You can definitely give my music a spin on Spotify by searching for "Alex Hampton", or checking out my IG "theealexhampton". Silly story about why I used "thee" instead of "the."
Tell us something about yourself that people need to know.
- I'm actually a full time college student. I graduate by the end of this year (2020). I've been audio engineering for 4 years now, and completely mixed and mastered this track! One last pretty cool thing is that all the graphics and lyric videos I release are completely created by me!
"Amazing work. I will be back to build with you.
Much appreciated exposure" @StLukeTheKING